Every summer I’m pulling my hair out trying to find new and creative ways to use up zucch. My lovely sister-in-law sent over this recipe which uses 4 zucchini. That means one of our huge ones, but non-the-less I was grateful for the opportunity to use it up! Turns out this recipe is a total keeper. If you’re dairy sensitive, eh, I’m sorry? It’s the cheese that makes this dish. We make pizza a few times a month. I’ll be making this from now on.
4 shredded unpeeled zucchini – wring out water.
1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
Garlic Powder (to taste)
Italian Seasoning (to taste) (I make italian seasoning like this: two parts basil, two parts oregano, one part thyme, pinch of sage, pinch of garlic powder)
- Combine zucchini with the eggs, Parmesan, mozzarella, and cheddar cheeses, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Press into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-40 minutes until set. Meanwhile, prepare your optional ingredients for the pizza.
- If you’d like meat: Ground beef, italian sausage, ground turkey, pepperoni, meatballs (primal style), or ham. (Divide a total of 8 -12 oz of meat)
- Onions, green pepper, broccoli florets, mushrooms, spinach, red pepper, or pineapple. (Large slices, enough for each layer)
- Shredded mozzarella, shredded cheddar, shredded provolone, and/or shredded italian blend. (1/4 cup per layer)
- Roma Tomato Slices
- Spread tomato slices over the top of the zucchini (use these instead of sauce).
- Layer other ingredients in this order: meat, vegetables, cheese, and sprinkle of garlic powder & italian seasoning.
- Make 2 – 4 layers, depending on how deep you want your pizza.
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.