This quiche is tasty, quick to prepare and a good way to use up some random veggies you might have. It’s a lot lighter than traditional egg-and cheese quiches. I topped this quiche with some shredded cheese, but it doesn’t need it. In fact you could add some shredded cheese to the whole thing if you wanted…
Eggless Tofu Quiche – from The Vegetarian Family Cookbook by Nava Atlas
1 1/2 Tbs olive oil
1 1/2 cups chipped onion
2 minced garlic cloves
One 16 oz tub tofu, drained
1 Teaspoon curry
Chopped veggies of your choice. I chose one head broccoli, 1 red peppers and 2 carrots.
Salt and pepper to taste (It needs pepper at least.)
Optional: I added 1/4 teaspoon cayenne for some heat.
One 9-inch pie crust…I used this one. It took two batches for one pie dish.
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Saute onion and garlic in the olive oil until browned.
3. Blend half the onion mixture, curry and tofu together until smooth. (Here’s where you add salt, pepper, cayenne and cheese too if you’d like.)
4. In a mixing bowl, mix veggies and tofu mixture.
5. Fill pie crust (Sprinkle with cheese if desired)
6. Bake for 40 minutes (Mine baked for 50 and the carrots were still a little crunchy). let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Eat and be grateful that you’re eating.